Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote operation with N3FJP ACLog

Options
KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Traveling season is here, and I am out on the road in my 5th wheel camper. I am connected to my 6400 using SmartLink with my Verizon phone as a hotspot. I thought I would have to run my N3FJP logging program on a computer sited with the radio, but I discovered that if I use CAT, I can set up the logger like a Kenwood radio using one of the CAT ports I have already defined and run the logger from my remote location. This means one less thing to drive via TeamViewer.

I took Mike, VA3MW's suggestion, and use TeamViewer to run/monitor my tuner and amp from the computer that is local to the radio. I control my antennas and remote ON/OFF to the rig using a cheap, 4-channel WiFi remote switch.

This setup is a real joy to use!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.