Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Thanks to Flex for fixing an irritating problem

Options

Hi, just a quick note to thank The Flexradio engineering team. Last couple of years, in at least my case, my radios would lock up and would cause a crash of SmartSDR. The resulting lock up would require a full shutdown (power button hold till shutdown) then restart or even factory restart and profile restore. Resulting crash would **** ethernet and USB services. This would happen only if kept the radio running 24 hrs. A day with no use. I guess what was interesting is that if over that time period I used the radio and used SmarSDR. Using any of the radio functionality, every thing was fine. Also if I shut the radio down, in between use, I never had the problem. This happened with my 6500 and later with my 6700 that I traded in for. Same problem on both radios, so it was obviously a software problem of some type in either the SmartSDR sweet of applications, or the radios operating software or both as they operate together. That was my story, and maybe others were seeing the same thing. I can only guess as Flex keeps the trouble list close their vest.

That is now the past, and I now have been running the 6700 24 hrs a day since the release of the latest version. I did a complete cold install of the new software version, having uninstalled every bit of SmartSDR and all it’s supporting applications. Only keeping my saved setup data. It is really running great. But I have found a problem.

Well here it is. DAX is giving me two problems, once in a great while. First I get distorted output that shows as high output across the entire selected bandwidth (3kHz) that I use while using WSJT-X. Second problem is that I get suddenly no DAX audio output to the radio. Both of these conditions are corrected by killing DAX and restarting the same and restarting DAX clears the problem. The problem happens infrequently, so is difficult to reproduce with any specific actions. This just a heads up to Flex. It could just be a Windows/DAX interaction problem. I can only speculate at this point. And the problem is just minor and hopefully will be corrected over time. Or it could be just a local PC problem, that in time will be corrected by newer drivers, again I can only speculate.

so in summary, a big thank you to Flex for fixing my major issue with the latest releases.

PR Joy

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.