Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Morse Code Question

Options

Greetings;

I have a FlexRadio 6400 transceiver running Smart SDR for Windows.

I want to run MRP40 CW Morse RX/TX program using the K1EL keyer to send Morse code.

Is it normal or expected to hear the Flex 6440 transmit relay "clack" for each character?

thanks

Tom

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Tom, I have not heard my 6400 making any relay noises during CW. I am not running either MRP40 or a K1EL keyer, so I don't know how they might interact. Are you sure that the relay noise is not coming from a noise canceller like the ANC-4, or possibly from a tuner, amplifier or transverter? You are not working split across bands are you?

• tpetruzzellis
    tpetruzzellis Member ✭✭
    Options

Greetings

Anyone using a K1EL Morse interface with. Flex6400 with SadR windows?

Do you hear the 6400’s relay “ click” for every sent character or should the transmit relay click at start and finish ofvtransmittsion?

thanks

tom

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have QSK button pressed (blue) in CWX setup? Have you set any Delay time? There also may be delay time settings in your app or keyer. That can fix inter-character drop outs.

73, Bill

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.