Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using Teamviewer to connect my remote Ipad to the shack PC drops

Options

I have been using Teamviewer to connect my remote Ipad to the shack PC to control and access shack functions ie. rotor, watt meter, amp control etc while using my remote Flex.

If I am running WSJT-X and smart SDR on my shack PC, the connection is good and everything works fine. If I want to operate SSB or CW when I am remote, I use the smart SDR IOS app from Marcus which also works great. The problem is that when I change what is being displayed on my Ipad to the SDR IOS app, the teamviewer connection to the home PC disconnects and I will not me able to monitor any of the shack accessories. I can re connect while running the SDR IOS app and make any changes like rotate the antenna, but the Teamviewer connection will be lost again after about 5 seconds after I switch back to the SDR screen.

Is there a way to keep Teamviewer connected to the remote PC when the display on the Ipad moves away from the Teamviewer screen?

Thanks, Howard AE3T

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The iPad, like most tablets/phones is not a multi-tasking OS like windows, Linux, macOS. It can only do one thing at a time. For example, it can’t check email while also downloading a large document.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.