Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone recognize this interference on my waterfall at 20m?

unit9419
unit9419 Member
edited April 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm getting this very bold pattern - but only on 20 meter band. Does anybody recognize this? See screenshot image.png

Answers

• unit9419
    unit9419 Member
    It appears to be at 244hz intervals across the band
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Yup Probably something like this: Solving an RFI Problem in a New Monitor - YouTube

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

THats a link btw.... My Neighbor's PLASMA big screen TV blitzes out 160meters basically all of sections of HF too.

• unit9419
    unit9419 Member
    [{"insert":"Thank you for your responses.\n It turned out to be caused by two different devices. My Ubiquiti eight port unify switch and my web power switch from Digital Loggers. \nBoth are important components of this remotely controlled station.\nhaven’t tried any baluns or chokes which I understand may help - I don’t know.\n"}]
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Are you running these devices from wall warts? if there 12 to 15 volt devices you can probably run them from the station power supply.

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

My “washing machine” QRN looks a lot like that.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If it is local to your shack and ferrites or other filtering don't work, you might want to think about a noise canceller like the Timewave ANC-4 or the MFJ unit.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.