Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Enhancement for Synchronous AM

Options
Dave_WB1S
Dave_WB1S Member ✭✭

Hello All, I really enjoy using SAM with SmartSDR and my 6700. I have a Sherwood SE-3 Synchronous detector that I use with my legacy radios. One issues with SmartSDR SAM mode is when there are multiple stations in QSO and they are not all on frequency as is often the case with the older boat-anchors; The Flex sounds like there is an aircraft overhead dropping a bomb while it resynchs. That whistling has caused me to switch to AM, and of-course it isn't as good due to fading.

My SE-3 has a switch to select Amateur Radio (AR) mode which re-synchronizes with a shorter time constant. In that mode the SE-3 re-synchs very quickly, which is appropriate for stations off frequency by a small delta. I think that would be a terriffic feature to add to SmartSDR. Not sure if this has been recommended.

4 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ralph03894
    Ralph03894 Member
    Options
    Yes, I noticed the same thing as soon as I started using SAM as a new ham. -Ralph KC1RWK
  • Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This would be a great enhancement.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.