Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Control Is Broke

Options
Erika - KØDD
Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

My Flex Control which was has provided yeomans service since the 1500 and on to its second radio the 6500 finally decided to give up the ghost this last weekend during the 2021 ARRL DX Phone.

With an A Index of 17 we could hear DX but they couldn't hear us. Fortunately what started off as a complete bust, slowly recovered over the remaining weekend but relegated me to Spin & Shout style of operation. about 6 hours from the end of the show the shaft had had enough and semi bound up.

That was the last thing I expected! When you are used to having a really handy VFO knob right next to the arm rest, it really stinks to have the knob stop turning. It went from normal to stuck like a lightbulb burning out.

Has anybody ever had this happen? and / or did you have a cure, I have already heard the one about WD40... Is there a supplier for the push button shaft assembly to replace this device? I'd like to return it to use with a secondary rig or sitting on the shelf incase the Shiny NEW one in the box I was able acquire from a friend has a 10,000 RPM redline limit too.

Erika DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.