Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Older version for Older Macs?

I have a Mac running High Sierra 10.13. Is there an older version that I can still download? The new version only works on 10.15 and up. Thanks.

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

I have a similar but slightly different problem. I'm running 10.15, ±Catalina, so the Mac S±SDR will run just fine on my machine. However, I refuse to move to V3 until I am satisfied some of its shortcomings have been mitigated. So, I can't run the Mac SSDR either.

I will just wait until everything aligns, then go for it. In the mean time, my 6600M GUI plus dogparkSDR and MacLoggerDX fill the bill quite nicely for the missing Mac SSDR and I use xDax and xCat very nicely for all my digital radio needs on the Mac. I'm OK for now, although multiflex would certainly make sharing the radio GUI somewhat friendlier :-)

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

The SmartSDR for MacOS does not nor will it support older versions of the Mac OS.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hi Tim

Question i have has to do with future version of macos and 'sdr for mac' and compatibility with macsos 10.15 as currently shown on app store.

What is the compatibility to the current macos10.16 (Big Sur).

Apple will soon to announce macos 11 at their June WWDC,

So basic question comes down to the following.

Will 'SDR for Mac' be supported for all macos verson starting from 10.15 forward and all future version of macos?

Paul K3SF

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭

MacOS 11 is already here: that's Big Sur.

MacOS 10.15 is Catalina. I do believe that it is the minimum MacOS that SmartSDR for Mac supports.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

OOps.

.i got some of the version numbers wrong due to having multiple version of macos here because apple declares the h/w obsolete...

i now have three mac mini's( 2011, 2012, 2018) with three different version macos...and macbook pro (2011) with still another macos version. the MBP has been updated with ram and SSD and new battery by me. and on all the minis i have updates RAM and SSD to 1 TB except the 2018 mini

and

that is why i added the names...

BUT

my basic question still remains

Will 'SDR for Mac' be supported for all macos version starting from 10.15 forward and all future version of macos?

for example: When will Catalina version support be dropped?

oh yea...

also run ipad2 with ios9.3.5 with iosSmartsdr (older version) and ipadpro with ios14.4.2 with iosSmartsdr latest version

The old ipad2 and old iosssdr sorta work...no waterfall to the panafall and no audio to/from ipad..

.but can control freq my 6600m v3.1.12..and doesnt do multiflex login...

and

no way does the current iossmart sdr load into the old ipad2...

Paul K3SF

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭

K3SF asked: "Will 'SDR for Mac' be supported for all macos version starting from 10.15 forward and all future version of macos?"

I can't speak for Marcus, but I would suspect that the answer to that question likely depends upon the current and future development tools and any updates/changes forced by Apple. I would expect that there will come a point sometime in the future where Catalina or Big Sur or whatever comes next will no longer be officially supported by the latest (at that time) development tools, and at which point it will probably need to be branched into a new version for newer Macs and the same old version for those still running back to Catalina.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hi Dave..

Yes, that is what i am expecting but sometimes expectations need to be tempered by me on my part ;-))

cu on the bands

Paul K3SF