Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice not Connecting

Options

After using CW Skimmer and Slice software for a year mysteriously, probably a Windows update, Slice is giving me a "no connection" message. Don was very nice to explain that it's most likely a firewall or a connection using Smart link, It's neither of those issues so a deeper dive is necessary.

I'm using a Flex 6400M, Win10 pro and the latest v of Flex. I'm using SDR Bridge as a substitute however it doesn't play well with the Flex Control tuning, Slice tuning allows me to get right on the station to decode immediately, yes I know you can use the mouse and that works but I like to tune, call me old fashioned.

My question is if SDR Bridge finds the IP address with no issues what is happening with Slice not to find the same IP? What actually in the slice architecture that controls finding the connection. I looked in the ini file and could not find a specific line of code for that.

I'm not a software or programmer person, but in reading Don's setup guide he mentions an alternative by using the cmd prompt to add the ip address along with the program target, but if that works I need help on the correct lines to add.

Thank you community for your help, from what I'm reading my problem is not isolated. I had a good exchange with the Skimmer creator who recommended SWR bridge and said the program binds with Skimmer making it more trouble-free. I believe that someone out there can solve our problem with Slice, thank you.

W2JV

Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.