Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

microhpone profiles

hi, I'm new to working with the microphone profiles. I have a Heil pro-7. I works fine on the default mic profile and from what i can tell it also works on the default HM-pro setting. However if i select another profile i get sound but it will not transmit. I also have an expensive senhauser aviation headset that will not transmit in any of the default profiles.

What am I doing wrong and can anyone point me in the right direction ? Where would you start if you have an off brand headset that you are trying to configure?

thanx, stuart

Best Answer

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Many of the aircraft intercom systems supply a bias voltage to the MIC. This goes back to the early days when all of the airborne mics were carbon. Does your senhauser aviation headset need bias? IF so then make a profile for the senhauser with t he bias turned on.

Gayle K0FLY

Answers

• k3qh
    k3qh Member ✭✭

Gayle, thanks for the info , when i play with the bias it still doesn't transmit. Playing with my Heil set does change the transmitting capability. I'm now led to believe the problem does lie in the headset. I'm thinking that since I retired so did it! lol.

73's and be well my friend.

thanks,

stuart

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.