Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Flag obscures frequency

Hello, situation here is Flex 6400, running SmartSDR 3.1.12 (most current available) operating remotely with a new low-end laptop running Windows 20H2, freshly installed last night before installing SmartSDR 3.1.12.

The issue is the slice flag is "squished," obscuring the operating frequency like this:

If I "hide" the flag, the frequency displays fine. I know this isn't normal, but I'm at a loss to figure out why it is happening, or how to fix it... Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Ken, N2VIP

Best Answer

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks, installing the Napoli font corrected the issue. Not sure why my searches didn't turn up previous discussions on this, but all is well now, thanks!

Ken, N2VIP

Answers

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

I believe this can be corrected by the font type/size. Check the Flex Download site for the Napoli font:

From the Community Forum:

Bill, NE1B

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭

As background, this laptop was shipped with Win 10 Home in S Mode (very restrictive, only able to install apps from MS Store), but I was able to convert it to "regular" Win 10 Home, and I suspect there were some security settings left over from S Mode that blocked font install. No proof, just a guess/impression.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.