Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Eliminating RFI on the audio output to monitor amplifier

I was experiencing RF leakage from the audio output jack on my Flex 6600M that was getting into my external audio monitor amplifier during transmit even into a dummy load. A simple and low cost fix for this is to install a pair of audio isolation transformers in the audio output to block RF from getting into the monitor amplifier input stage. The MPOW audio isolator contains two miniature audio transformers with low inter-winding capacitance and has excellent audio frequency response and low distortion when operated at less than -3dBm. It does and excellent job of blocking RFI and ground loop hum.

Available from Amazon and other online sellers.

73, Geoff-W8GNM

Tagged:

Comments

• I second the recommendation. I use one on my shack NUC PC and it works well. I do get some noise from my 6400 on the speaker out since integrating all rigs into a mixer. Should try this on the 6400. In my case not RF as noise present whith all rigs in RX.

Ron

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.