Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fixing Antenna by Slice on 6600M

Hi

I found a thread the other day where someone was asking if you can fix the antenna by slice e.g. A always uses ANT1 for rx and tx and slibe B uses ANT2.

I can't find that thread now and wanted to read the answers again but I don't think there was a solid method, so my question is can this be done via profiles somehow, i'm sat looking now and can't figure it out - this is for a 6600M.

It seems it's set by band but for SO2R I basically want slice A to always use ANT1 and slice B to always use ANT2, there must be a way to do this, I'm just being dumb!

Thanks

Rich

Comments

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

Hi Rich,

Yes, this problem was described on another thread with a name that included Ant1/Ant2 problem. I forget the exact name. But anyway it can be done by profiles per band. The only problem is that you will return to the exact same frequency that was specified in that profile. It will not memorize the last frequency that you were on in that band. It might be inconvenient when contesting or any other activity when switching back and forth between bands.

Bill AB7AA

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

May not do exactly what you want, but Frstack memories include the antenna associated with a memorized frequency.

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Bill - found the thread though it was actually another one I found too.

John, will look in to that as I use FRStack anyway.

Read through all of Ralph's thread now and seems there is no easy way round it or just a option to ensure this happens, would have though you could just set that in a tx profile as I use 2 for SO2R so that things like RCA are different per slice.

What they need to add for the tx profile is the antenna, then it would be sorted!

Cheers

Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.