Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio only in CW mode?

Options

OK, guys, I'm stumped. Don't know if this is a hardware or software problem....

Flex 6600; Windows 8.1 (I don't want the USB port renaming problems with Win 10); nothing unusual with configuration; I've rebooted (restarted, not closed down and started) computer and restarted SmartSDR software - all to no avail.

Here's what happens: Using WSJT-X, a while ago when I had no audio output (from radio and no indication on the DAX panel) on receive (TX worked OK), I found that switching from DIGIU to CW and then back brought up the audio - every time. So this weekend, I'm doing the CQ WPX RTTY contest, but there's no audio at all on receive (as above - RTTY-CW-RTTY in this case) - I called another seasoned 6600 user and all our thinking got no joy. So I closed WriteLog (the contest software that generates TX audio), started up WSJT-X, did the DIGIU-CW-DIGIU trick, closed WSJT-X, opened up WriteLog again. Presto, receive audio is back on headphones and DAX.

So I finished up the contest, and probably have a clumsy workaround here, but does anybody have a clue as to what the problem might be and how to fix it? As I don't know what's at play here, I feel all could go you-know-where in the proverbial handbasket at any time....

Thanks for any help/ideas, 73,

Ray N6HE

Answers

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have seen this same event. It seems to be a bug in WSJT-X. At least Ver. 2.2.2. Have yet to see it in Ver. 2.3. WSJT-X stops sending TX audio. RX decoding is OK. I shut down WSJT-X and restart it and TX audio returns. Hopefully it is fixed in 2.3 and 2.4.

73, Bill NE1B

• Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭
    Options

Bill, NE1B, thanks for the input. My situation is slightly different...the problem is still there upon restarting WSJT-X, and it's no receive audio. Thanks for responding!

73, Ray N6HE

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ray, Sorry I misread your note. I have had no RX on the DAX panel and WSJT-X before also, but it always turns out that when I look at the DAX selector on the radio "flag", it is set to NONE. Usually happens after a band change. No always though. Resetting it to Channel 1 and all is good again.

73, Bill

• Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭
    Options

Know what you mean - I have a yellow sticky with the headings "No TX?" and "No RX?" and all the things I need to check to make sure I have all the right choices made....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.