Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Project Nexus for Y’all Come EmComm

Options
[{"insert":{"embed-external":{"data":{"url":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6032377\/uploads\/UO7YAIIIJNBC\/v0-9-project-nexus-overview.pdf","name":"v0.9 Project Nexus Overview.pdf","type":"application\/pdf","size":816313,"displaySize":"large","float":"none","mediaID":842,"dateInserted":"2021-02-11T03:49:29+00:00","insertUserID":10729227,"foreignType":"embed","foreignID":10729227,"embedType":"file"},"loaderData":{"type":"file","file":[],"progressEventEmitter":{"listeners":[null]}}}}},{"insert":{"embed-external":{"data":{"url":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6032377\/uploads\/FTS7EUPW6FA5\/v0-9-project-nexus-overview.pdf","name":"v0.9 Project Nexus Overview.pdf","type":"application\/pdf","size":816313,"displaySize":"large","float":"none","mediaID":843,"dateInserted":"2021-02-11T03:49:37+00:00","insertUserID":10729227,"foreignType":"embed","foreignID":10729227,"embedType":"file"},"loaderData":{"type":"file","file":[],"progressEventEmitter":{"listeners":[null]}}}}},{"insert":"Hi folks,\nI’ve been active in Emergency Services in Oregon for almost 30 years in various roles: CAP SAR comms tech, wilderness ground pounder, and all-purpose disaster responder\/volunteer EMT.\nFor most of my life, VHF\/UHF has been enough, but over the years, a growing awareness harms from an eventual (may or may not be in my lifetime) regional Cascadia Subduction Zone event in the Pacific NW led me to appreciate that HF is absolutely crucial to resilient over-the-horizon communications.\nThe FLEX-6600 is the first HF radio that I have purchased—that’s assembled (I still have a uBitX kit that is... still a lot). I chose it because I feel that we can unify modes, methods, and capabilities of communications even better.\nMy radio is still in the box because I’m protective of the care, craft and engineering that went into it. I’ve got some of the basics (eg, Morgan Systems lightning surge protection for R\/T, as well as their Rx-only stuff), but feel that I need some modicum of a case as my apartment is not amenable to antenna (the area is probably a mess of QRM, to boot).\nAnyhoo, I’d appreciate any and all thoughts that you might have on the attached draft design docs, especially in regards to that enclosure. It does rain a lot in Oregon: a drowned transceiver is a bit of a showstopper.\n73 de Pete K7LEE\nPS: I’ve studied and designed a lot of things related to Smart Grid and “grid edge”: I just moved the “federated edge” concept over from an architecture I made at Portland State University and booped it over our way.\n"},{"insert":{"embed-external":{"data":{"url":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6032377\/uploads\/9I5TKY81PBRH\/0bd9b012-0bf8-48a3-8cc2-df1730862673.jpeg","name":"0BD9B012-0BF8-48A3-8CC2-DF1730862673.jpeg","type":"image\/jpeg","size":130749,"width":970,"height":1068,"displaySize":"large","float":"none","embedType":"image"},"loaderData":{"type":"image"}}}},{"insert":"\n"}]
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.