Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 Audio Issues

My Flex 6300 has three issues.

1. Once a week (estimate) the radio spontaneously makes a very loud buzzing sound without any reason that I can determine. No response to software controls for volume, mute, etc. therefore a hard shut down (holding the power button for 5-10 seconds) is required to stop the buzzing.
  2. Raising the volume level causes very loud crackling and popping sounds. Backing off the volume stops the popping and crackling. The same result is possible by raising the microphone volume or speaking loudly into the mike. This is done in the receive mode, NOT in transmit mode (MOX). As a side note while listening with headphones, speakers muted, in receive mode speaking loudly into the mike causes the loud pops and cracks in the headphones. While transmitting into a dummy load and monitoring myself via the MON button I hear my voice as expected, but get the pops and crackling sounds at normal to high levels of audio drive.
  3. Entering and exiting transmit (key down then key up) the external powered speakers (connected via the rear 1/8 inch stereo jack) thump noticeably.

My opinion is that all these symptoms are related and have a common cause. I wonder if others have had such problems, I am sure that I am not the only person the experience these types of issues. Should I open a ticket to proceed with a solution, or is there something that I can do at my home shack to solve the problems?

Bob Paluf, KV4JO

Tagged:

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.