Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does FRStack have profiles when used with multiple radios?

I have a 6600 for most HF operating and a 6400 for VHF/UHF (home QTH and roving). Each has it's own FRStack memories. The only way I've been able to have pseudo profiles is to export the 2 configurations to a files and import the radio specific config when switching radios. Is there an easier way to do this?

73, Ron WB2WGH

Comments

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭

You are using the only approach available today. I could add this as a command line option with a minimal effort and with more time add a UI option to switch between band stack files.

With regards to FRStack options, do you see any options that should also be different between radios?

73, Mark W3II

• Marc, Before I forget, Thanks so much for FRStack as I assume you are FRStack in disguise correlating info on your QRZ and MKCM Software pages. I just started using it about a couple of month's ago. I finally replaced the shack 8 year old laptop with a 8th generation Intel NUC which allows much greater horsepower for Flex related apps. For me, switching is not a major issue as the 6600 (HF radio) is used most of the time and the 6400 (UHF/VHF radio) is infrequently used. Not sure how many Flex owners have multiple radios with different purposes in life. So the import option is really only a minor inconvenience. A command line option selecting the profile or "import file name" would work and can easily be managed through a Windows shortcut (one per radio). As to other FRStack options I'll have to poke at FRStack as I use it more. Thanks in advance!

73, Ron WB2WGH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.