Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connection and WSJT-X Audio Issues

I have a Windows 10 Pro (W10 Pro) Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client connecting to a W10 Pro RDC server running SmartSDR, WSJT-X, JTAlert, FRStack, HRD, ..... Both computers are in the same house. A laptop is the RDC client that I'm using from the comfort of the living room sofa connecting to the shack PC in the basement.

The DAX control panel appears normal with Slice A streaming the audio. The WSJT waterfall is all messed up. I have confirmed the correct audio sources in WSJT-X. Remote Desktop Audio is set to play on the remote computer. Screen snapshots below. I'd like to see if I can get this working with RDC. I have not tried VNC but that is my planned workaround if the RDC issue can't be resolved. Prefer to keep everything local so things like TeamViewer are considered undesirable.

73, Ron WB2WGH

Tagged:

Comments

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭

I have a similar setup using a VNC.

Check your audio I/O settings in WSJT-X.

Here are mine:

• Figured it out. Looks like both RDC and VNC have the same issue. Based on a sample of one (one for VNC and one for RDC), one must start SmartSDR and WSJT from the remote connection. My initial attempts at remoting from the sofa which caused the issue was as follows:

1) Operate from the shack computer

2) Leave all apps (SmartSDR, FRStack, HRD, WSJT-X, JTAlert) running

3) Later tonight, remote desktop to the shack PC from the laptop on the sofa. WSJT waterfall all red.

Via RDC, I shut down all the apps, restarted them via RDC and all good. Looks like VNC has the same issue.

73, Ron

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.