Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL API?

Hi All,
Is anyone aware of some improved detail for the PGXL API? The official doc doesn't appear to be finished ( http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=PowerGenius_Ethernet_API ) or is abandoned? My current needs are simple - just looking for a clean way to switch between Operate and Standby modes (preferably via REST :).

And related, is there official detail on whether or not the radio should be in standby prior to being physically powered off? I assume it should, but wasn't sure if there were any mounted filesystems in place/etc that had to cleanly close. Also, I assume it's good practice to go to standby mode for some amount of time before removing power to allow fans to finish bringing sinks down to room temp/etc?

I've got my whole shack automated, and I prefer to physically remove power from the devices programmatically (relays). Just adding PGXL to that mix..

Thanks!
Jonathan

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Ways to set PG-XL Mode:

In the REST command, change on/off for operate/standby. Loopback IP address shown.

Alan

WA9WUD

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

I spent time with WireShark to figure out the API mostly by watching what the PGXL utility did. A few things are still not 100% clear but getting better.

• Did anyone ever find the actual API for the amplifier? I too did some inspection with WireShark and can see most of the info but an API document would be helpful. The radio is so well documented on the Wiki that I'm surprised to not see a document for the amp so I hope I am just missing it.

Also, is the protocol the same over the CAT port as it is on the Ethernet connection?

I am trying to get an API document for the RemoteHams developer's as my use case is remote with a Maestro or SDR for people used to Flex but with RemoteHams for people used to our current setup. Talking to the radio works but need to get info from the amp.

Thanks,

Tom NY4I

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

The commands for CAT are pretty much to allow amp to follow frequency of non-Flex transceiver.

I have a Node Red flow which allows control and monitor of the amp via API, including metering.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.