Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ANT1 and ANT2

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

Hi all,

PGXL has inputs and outputs in two blocks on the back labeled A and B.

The PGXL utility has a CAT/CI-V tab which offers setup of port A and Port B but DOES NOT specify antenna.

The FlexRadio tab in the utility offers setup of Port A and Port B and DOES allow you to specify TX antenna. The only selections are ANT1 and ANT2.

My hope had been, as a mostly signal antenna operator that I could route the radio coming into port A to either the antenna in port A or the one in Port B, but this does not seem possible and it certainly doesn't work.

Using the PGXL utility I configured my FlexRadio on port A and selected TX Antenna ANT2 but absolutely nothing at all changes.

Similarly my Icom radio coming into port B cannot seem to select and get to the antenna in port A.

I'm curious what the ANT1 and ANT2 are supposed to do?

I get that many of you have Antenna Genius but I can't seem to find one. Out of stock every where. My hope is to be able to remotely select my one antenna to work on radio A or radio B. It seems the PGXL cannot do such a thing with it's limited A and B setup.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

The ANT1 and ANT2 selections are only to tell the utility which radio port is connected to which Amp port. Amp input one will always be connected to Amp output 1.

This from the power genius manual.

It is not required that you connect ANT1 output on a FLEX-6000 series connect to Port A input on the amplifier. However, it is required that you configure which FLEX-6000 output (ANT1 or ANT2) is connected to which amplifier port (A or B). In other words, the configuration must match the physical connection.

Unless you want to wait for a Antenna Genius (I own one its worth the wait) to be in stock, Array Solutions has high powered 2 x 8 or even a simple Two PAK 5k 1 x 2 switch that has 80 db minimum isolation. I own three of the two pak's and they are great, just add 12v to switch.

https://www.arraysolutions.com/antennas-switching/twopak-hf-vhf-2-so

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.