Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Station Rack mounts

Options

I am looking for suggestions on rack mounts...

I want to move all my hardware to a rack assembly....

6700, pgxl, 4o3a 8x2, Tuner genius (when released), power supply, network switch, ground bar, power ****...rotor control

The goal is to integrate the complete station into a roll around rack.

Thanks,

Tim WA5YOM

Comments

• Jeff AA0ST
    Jeff AA0ST Member ✭✭
    Options

Tim,

I am in THAT very process right now. I found a local club member who was an IT guy and picked his brain about this. He said get as tall a rack as you can afford or can fit in your space and place the item as par apart as you can since cooling can be an issue.

I figure the Modem which has one wired port would go to the router which as at least 2 wire ports. I will run one port to each of the switches.

I tried to future proof as much as I can. I got gigbit unmanaged switches, one for just flex radio stuff and the other switch for the Iot (internet of things). These switches have 24 ports each. I will say that the ports fill up fast.

I put the rack mounted 12 volt power supply and the 120 volt power strips in the middle of the rack.

I built up from the power supplies/ power **** with all things internet / WiFi/ LAN and down with all things radio

As for all of the radios; I plan to move, not only the radio / amp and power supply, VHF and UHF transverters and amps as well as my GMRS repeater to the bottom .

The 6600 and PGXL are the heaviest things I have and are on the bottom.

Hope this helps

Jeff

• Jeff AA0ST
    Jeff AA0ST Member ✭✭
    Options

Tim,

This is where the project stands right now.

Jeff

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

Look really good, looks a lot like mine except I wish I had a 4 rail rack like your rack instead of the 2 rail other then the radio here is the 6700.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.