Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Displays on 6400m 6600m

Options
Mike Webb KC0YHM
Mike Webb KC0YHM Member ✭✭
edited February 2021 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Hello all.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Is it possible to have the display on these radios sleep after a period of inactivity.

I operate remote all the time...FL to MN...and the rigs at the station run 24/7.

I'd prefer not to have the display 'burning' during the long idle periods.

All the best.

Mike

KC0YHM

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The display on my 6600M never goes to sleep - it's on when the radio is on. That said, you do not need to have it displaying a panadapter and slice when you are not using it from the "M" front panel - it ends up being mostly dark, displaying a connection screen when another (PC or Maestro) GUI is connected to the radio (I use v2 SSDR, so that's my only choice).

Just make sure the front panel is not "configured" (i.e. did it last time) to put up the GUI and the panadapter won't come up. I suppose that could be forced by loading a different radio software version using your PC SSDR, and not having that version on the "M" front end.

• Mike Webb KC0YHM
    Options

Hello Ted.

You've given me something to look into...

I'm not sure if a blank screen is equal to an 'off' condition as far as display burn..but...it sure seems like it.

All the best.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.