Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 w/n Track frequency with FLDIGI

Options

I tried my FLDIGI for the first time in a while and noted that the frequency of the Flex 6500, FLDIGI and Logger 32 no longer track one another. This did work at one time. The Flex will follow Logger 32 and Logger 32 will follow frequency changes in the Flex. The Flex and FLDIGI do not track each other at all.

I have two releases of FLDIGI 4.1.08 and the latest release, 4.1.17.   I cannot get either release to work properly for frequency tracking. Both releases will transmit and receive just fine.

I configured rig cat. The rig description file is: SmartSDR_SliceA.xml, device Com: 6  Baud 9600 Checked CAT command for PTT and VSP enable.

In Ham Lib, rig: Flex Radio 6xxx  Dev Com 4  Baud 19200  checked PTT via ham lib.cmd   and audio on aux port but I think Ham Lib is not used for the Flex. Is this true?

I checked the ports in Windows 10. I still have all the ports that were used previously and there are no port conflicts.

At the Flex radio end, CAT has com 8 process none,  Port 5002, com 9 process Logger 32,  com 4 process none, com 6 process none, and com 7 process none.

Clicking on a given com port shows: Protocol CAT - serial - Flex VSP - Auto switch Tx slice enabled.

Again, FLDIGI PSK31 will transmit and receive just fine so there is some level of communication.

At the DAX panel for Flex, IQ sample rate is 48000.  The rates one can select do not match the rates in FLDIGI. 

I checked Tim's setup procedure and mine matches. Any thoughts on why the frequency does not track?

Best 73 All, Jim KD1Ie

Comments

• J.C. W4QK
    J.C. W4QK Member ✭✭
    Options

I just set up fldigi with my Flex 6400M and I am having a similar issue with controlling the frequency. I am using RigCat for rig control. Fldigi will control the Flex frequency but not the other way, Flex to fldigi. Everything else seems to work correctly and I can decode many modes and I can transmit. Did you or anyone else ever find a solution.

Thanks & 73, W4QK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.