Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ubiquity Access Point Experience

Options

Have a question for the community. I have tracked down 2 signals coming from my Ubiquity UAP-AC-LR access points, one at about 3.547 and another at 3.565 on the 6600M/ V3. 

They are classic SMPS signatures.... drift/ dancing etc. see pic below. I can make them come and go at will by removing their power. 

I have replaced the provided Ubiquity POE SMPS with a linear power supply. 

Extensively choking of the Ethernet cable on both ends (well above the threshold Z via mix 31 & 75) provided no reduction in signal amplitude.  Just keeping them powered up, with Ethernet cable at switch disconnected creates these signals. 

I am guessing there is another SMPS inside for 3.3 VDC for the internal circuitry that is radiating.

Before opening the case and sniffing around with the spectrum analyzer and probes, thought I would inquire to determine if anyone had this experience or point out if I have missed something. 

Any input would be appreciated

Howard K2AQ

blob:https://community.flexradio.com/12635d51-4136-4cdf-b381-eb502a63042a There was an error displaying this embed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.