Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Pro 7 w/HC7 Dyanmic: Bias or no Bias? +20 db Y/N? Default = HM Pro ? Mix messages in thread

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

I don't have any Heil products.

If the mic cartridge is dynamic then it its passive and does not require the bias to be turned on.

As far as the gain setting, try it both ways and see what works best.

Geoff AB6BT

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

I Use the Pro 7 all the time. " BIAS OFF as Geoff says. My mic drives the input VU meter just into the RED with MIC gain set at "90" and the pre amp off. With pre amp on the mic drives the radio just into the RED at 45. I run my radio with the peak indicator hovering around -5 to -10 and the pre anp off.

Gayle K0FLY

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

I should add that the mic is about 1 inch from my mouth.

Gayle

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.