Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro VOX delay, et al.

Options
David
David Member ✭✭

Again, I am not having success with using Heil microphone products with my 6600M and Maestro-II. There seems to be no obvious way to increase sensitivity of the VOX input. One has to make noise in the microphone first in order to ensure the circuit activates and does not cut off speech. I have used several Heil microphones and they work similarly. I have no problems with PTT activation and communicating with that on SSB. I have tried 3-4 different Heil microphones and all act similarly. At this point, I am clearly frustrated and feel this is unsatisfactory. Listening to the MON, I can hear a high pitched oscillating noise in the background. When the VOX does activate, the unit continues to transmit until one reduces the Mic Gain to below 50, even though level of 65 are required to trigger VOX and produce suitable modulation. Is this a factory repair? Is this a common situation? Any solutions others have tried? I can't be the only one.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.