SmartSDR v3.4.23 and the SmartSDR v3.4.23 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.9.1 and the SmartSDR v2.9.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.32 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.32
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
xDAX and xCAT - Remember settings
I am trying to figure out how to contact the wonderful gent that created xDAX and xCAT first to thank him for his efforts and second to request a few features. I can't find a place to post a request so I'll try here.
First, thanks for xCAT, xDAX, as has been said by others here it has really made it possible to stay in the Mac world with Flex Radio.
A couple of requests:
1) It would be idea if both xDAX and xCAT could be setup to remember the settings so when you run them they just connect to the various devices. Right now every time I run xDAX I have to manually turn on the same devices. Same for xCAT except it really has less to do other than connect. I would request that xDAX be make to work like the windows DAX. It comes up configured as it was when it was last used.
2) Please implement the WinKeyer support in xCAT. Being able to create a WinKeyer look a like port would help in some projects I am doing. I don't need the port to be a virtual serial port. For me if it was just a TCP port with a port number and it accepted WinKeyer protocol that would be amazing.
Again thanks for the programs. Really excellent.
Mark - WS7M
https://dl3lsm.blogspot.com/ is the author’s site. He is very helpful!0
contact w6op, he has developed a keyer that drectly connect to flex radio , similar to cwx ...
he has both ce keyer and voice keyer on his website
works on MAC....
at the moment I have barely time for Ham Radio and so until today I have not logged into the new community to see any questions or discussions..
For your questions..
Setings: if you set your radio to default in the radio picker xCAT and xDAX should connect to the radio without any additional action.. So for xCAT there should be nothing extra to do.. I was thinking about remembering the button status in xDAX but this being a hobby project I decided to skip over the necessary logic as there are only some buttons to press (slider value is saved).
When I started with xCAT I wanted to include Winkeyer support but none of the log programmers I asked at the time was willing to implement Winkeyer over TCP (there is no easy solution for virtual serial ports on the Mac). So there is no reason to implement something which nobody could use.
To have a Winkeyer support and remote CW keying I developed xKEY (see https://dl3lsm.blogspot.com). Maybe this will fit your use case.
Thanks and 73
- 20.1K All Categories
- 186 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 387 The Flea Market
- 6.7K Software
- 5.6K SmartSDR for Windows
- 109 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 275 SmartSDR for Mac
- 210 SmartSDR for iOS
- 208 SmartSDR CAT
- 141 DAX
- 332 SmartSDR API
- 8.2K Radios and Accessories
- 6.7K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 678 Maestro
- 37 FlexControl
- 806 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 573 Genius Products
- 322 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 208 Tuner Genius XL
- 43 Antenna Genius
- 168 Shack Infrastructure
- 108 Networking
- 284 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 109 Contesting
- 449 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 105 Amateur Radio Interests
- 719 Third-Party Software