Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frank L Cotton

when operating a Flex 6500 intermittently (away from radio 1 to 4 hours at a time are you better off leaving the radio on or shutting it down & restarting it? (no lightning around ). I leave my computer on 24/7 & only let the monitors go to sleep since the invention of Windows 10.

Answers

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

Well, this means nothing because I have no data, but.....

I leave my 6400 on all the time. I have it posting WSPR spots 24x7 and I want it available for my Maestro to connect at any time. I know those that run their stations remote typically keep the rigs on all the time.

I built this simple device to turn my 6400 on/off if I need to reboot remotely. See: http://www.whiskeytangohotel.com/2020/04/flexradio-remote-control-onoff-state.html

• [{"insert":"Thanks, been leaving it on a lot lately and didn't want to overheat it. I'VE removed my flex a couple years now & used Wemo's and relays as you sail but never left radio on. I also used antenna disconnect switch to prevent lightning. Thanks, kc4vfi. Frank\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.