Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAXIQ out ....what software can be used on DAXIQ ???

Hi all

in SmartSDR we can stream DAXIQ out .... But what software can be used on DAXIQ ???

I have try MAP65 from K1JT but it do not work.....

73" OZ1CT Ben

Answers

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭

Hi Bent,

I am surprised no has replied. I use DAX IQ for CW Skimmer. I use in conjunction with Slice Master.

Regards,

Mick

• HI Mike ....

Thanks for the answer that there is a lack of answers from members is ok, but that you do not hear from Flexradio.com who runs this forum does not have anyone who looks at the forum and gives an answer, it is not only my question which could be answered by them as it is they who have made the software

but good that there is at least 1 program that uses DAXIQ ..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

73 "OZ1CT Ben

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Ben

It is disappointing that flex has reduced it’s involvement in ham radio. The forum was off the air for a while due to vendor fallout, and it seems we lost several contributors due to that. When the new forum software was set up, flex said they were recommitting to supporting the forum, but as you see, there isn’t much presence here. Along with a lack of software updates, it seems support is slipping away.

• aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

I said way back when Flex got this Raytheon contract that the ham side would get somewhat abandoned. Everyone said . . . You're crazy, never happen. Well it seems like it has. Receiving product is 2 months out. No updates in a long long time on the software end other than fixing a SD card glitch.

Their website has a "pre-loved" sale going on now but everything is out of stock. How do you stay in business if you have no product to sell new or used.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Flex—wisely—does not give advice with regard to third party programs.

• Lynn Hansen
    Lynn Hansen Member ✭✭

My experience with Flex has been different. I’ve found them to be very responsive to my questions. I’ve had several conversations with Eric regarding problems (or perceived problems) with the TCP/IP API. He has been very helpful and provided a development version of SmartSDR for me to test. It only took them 2 weeks to fix the bug I found back in June.

What you’re seeing is the growing pains of a small company that provided excellent one-on-one customer service that tripled in size this year and is now much larger and less personal. It will take time for the new recruits to learn the Flex way. Hopefully that will happen.

Lynn, KU7Q

• Hi Lynn

It would be nice if flexradio they would come out of the bush and just participate a little in this forum even though there is a shortage of employees in the company. maybe they should make a month's news report so you could follow the company ... it's defiantly those who host this page (forum).

Merry X-mas & HNY

OZ1CT Ben

• Lynn Hansen
    Lynn Hansen Member ✭✭

My experience with Flex has been different. I’ve found them to be very responsive to my questions. I’ve had several conversations with Eric regarding problems (or perceived problems) with the TCP/IP API. He has been very helpful and provided a development version of SmartSDR for me to test. It only took them 2 weeks to fix the bug I found back in June.

What you’re seeing is the growing pains of a small company that provides excellent one-on-one customer service but has now tripled in size this year so it is now much larger and less personal. It will take time for the new recruits to learn the Flex way. Hopefully that will happen.

Lynn, KU7Q

• Lynn Hansen
    Lynn Hansen Member ✭✭

Sorry, had the last post sitting on my cell phone. I forgot I’d already sent it!

• Lynn's optimism is likely well founded and indeed just before Christmas, Flex produced a newsletter outlining the changes and challenges that 2020 brought to the company. So they have the ham side in mind. On the flip side, here in Europe if you are a member of several Clubs and Societies and read their respective membership Boards, there is an increasing level of complaint and criticism aimed at poor hardware reliability, lack of software fixes and poor comunication with the German repair centre. Flex has a much worse reputation here now than 1 year ago whilst sales of Expert Electronics' radios has grown enormously. The complaints that bedevil Flex are rarely levelled at EE. I do wish Flex would get on top of it all because the potential of the Flex range, if it could have better quality control and an active software update schedule, is enormous.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.