Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem: There are currently no radios available

The 6400M is plugged directly into the AT&T router via RJ45, likewise my main computer. I am running the latest version of SmartSDR, Smart DaX and Smart CAT on the computer. When I bring up SmartSDR it can not find any radios. Is there something else that I need to load?

When I go into the radios menu and look at the Network section it comes back with a MAC Addres an IP for both the radio and the front panel.
Tagged:

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Gail, one test you can do to be sure that the computer, software and radio are all OK is to plug the ethernet cable from the computer directly in to the radio (plug them together with the radio and computer off then turn everything on). If there are no problems with that setup, then you can focus on the AT&T router. If the direct connection does not work, then there is something else in play that needs to be fixed.

Len, KD0RC

• Gail H
    Gail H Member
    Thanks Len I'll give that a try.
  • Gail H
    Gail H Member
    Hi Len

I finally was able to try the direct connect from the radio to my I7 3.4 GHz tower work station. It behaves the same with no radios found.

I did, however, install the software on an old laptop I5 1.4GHz processor that is Wified into the system and it seems to work just fine. So what in the world is going on with the I7 work station?

They are both running the same level of Win10.

Gail
  • aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭
    I think something in your firewalll is possibly blocking it???
  • Bill Ham
    Bill Ham Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem. Where can we look to find what the firewall is blocking?

• Bill Ham
    Bill Ham Member ✭✭

I direct connected Flex 6500 to Radio and still had no radio available. I opened FR Stack and it could see the radio and connected. I tried Smart Link and it also could see the radio, but couldn't connect. Running Windows 10 and SDR 2.6.2

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Getting the network to function is one of the challenges with the flex, esp since I’m not a networking guy. I suggest turning the firewall off completely and see what happens. In some cases it seems some anti virus programs interfere also, so may be helpful to turn that off.

• Gail H
    Gail H Member
    I turned off the virus software and SmartSDR seems to play. Now to see what in the software is inhibiting the SDR software. I am running a version of Avast. If you look under Protection selector on the left side there is a small menu in the middle of the next screen with: Network Connections | Firewall logs | Settings selections. Click on Settings and look toward the bottom where there is a list of network profiles Mine says Network 5 (top one) make it private instead of public, note this is the same network number as on the previous page. This same selection on on my laptop went by a different name and somehow was already set to Private that allowed the laptop to initially operate the SDR software.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Great! Glad you got it working!

Len

• Bill Ham
    Bill Ham Member ✭✭

I finally restored the computer from my backup to an earlier and all is working again. I run Advanced System Care Ulitmate anti-virus and had run a scan will all the boxes checked. I'm pretty sure it "fixed" something that needed to be left alone. Windows Defender is turned off and both the Domain Network and the Private network has the Firewall ON. Smart Screen for Microsoft Edge is turned OFF so I can download and update JT Alert.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.