Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.1.12 and the SmartSDR v3.1.12 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.6.2 and the SmartSDR v2.6.2 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.4.16. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
Flex 6400 - Remote Power On ???
I have a remote Flex 6400 & SmartSDR (2.6.2) and all is working fine.
I need to be able to remotely "power-off" (remove DC) the radio when it's not in use and I understand that this cannot be safely done by just cycling the DC input.
So I configured the REMOTE POWER ON and have a SPST relay toggle the RCA input.
Via the SPST relay, I would remotely open the line, the Flex would turn off (green and blue LEDs turn off). Then I would remotely turn OFF the DC supply. So far so good.
To turn it back on, I remotely turn on the DC supply, wait a few seconds, then toggle the relay connected to the REMOTE POWER ON RCA jack. Here is the problem I am seeing:
- Green power LED comes ON but keeps flashing.
- The blue LED is steady ON
- The green LED keeps on flashing ... does not come ON, so the radio is inaccessible <-- How long does it take to turn on??
- After several tries with the same result and at one point, the power LED started flashing RED
- At this stage, I had to do a factory reset to recover as I assume that the file got corrupted in the Flex after all of these tries.
OK ... so this is what is happening so I am now looking for suggestions on the proper way to be able to remotely remove power to the Flex 6400 using the REMOTE POWER ON function. What am I missing?
Leave a Comment
- 15.9K All Categories
- 63 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 139 The Flea Market
- 5.4K Software
- 4.9K SmartSDR for Windows
- 39 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 95 SmartSDR for Mac
- 144 SmartSDR for iOS
- 152 SmartSDR CAT
- 71 DAX
- 280 SmartSDR API
- 7.1K Radios and Accessories
- 5.8K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 562 Maestro
- 14 FlexControl
- 728 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 161 Power Genius Products
- 124 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 14 Power Genius Utility
- 23 Tuner Genius
- 44 Shack Infrastructure
- 23 Networking
- 95 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 50 Contesting
- 145 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 64 Amateur Radio Interests
- 425 Third-Party Software