Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New software

Since all the new software how about for the new Flex owners have up todate videos of how to setup Different modes on digital; ie like FLDIGI and DM780.. All I find are way old SDR software version.
2 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

I agree as I am having difficulties trying to get fldigi working with the flex 6700. Right now I cannot get CAT to work with fldigi - frequency display does not match the flex but I can key up the radio through fldigi. This should be a no brainer. I should add that I am able to set a frequency in fldigi and it does transfer to the flex but not the other way.

• How to activate copies of instances A-B-C…. FLdigi for FlexRadio SSDR 6600

Run FLdigi program.

On Disk C Programs (x86), rename Folder (Fldigi-4.1.08 A)

Then, Fldigi-4.1.08 A copy folder A, make new ones renaming them Fldigi-4.1.08 B - C etc ...

In the directory of each instance insert configuration XML files (SmartSDR_SliceA) -B-C-D

Create icons on the desktop from the four executive program folders named fldigi A-B-C-D

With right mouse, on icon A select Properties and on (Destination :) add to already existing "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Fldigi-4.1.08_Slice A \ fldigi.exe", write, do not copy / paste, below with space --config-dir more space, and from (From :) copy and paste "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Fldigi-4.1.08_Slice A"

This is the full string set to (Destination :): "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Fldigi-4.1.08_Slice A \ fldigi.exe" --config-dir "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Fldigi- 4.1.08_Slice A "

So on for all four A-B-C-D instances

--config-dir "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ FLdigi A"

--config-dir "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ FLdigi B"

--config-dir "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ FLdigi C"

--config-dir "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ FLdigi D"

Restart P.C.

Start Smart SDR, configure four COM (X) for CAT with A-B-C-D slices

On Smart DAX activate the four RX Streams Slice A-B-C-D / 1-2-3-4

On Smart DAX activate TX Stream

Start the program from icon A and configure it:

Operator, sound card, RigCat XML file with description of the radio with slice A (configuration I can provide it if necessary), Device COM (X), Stop bit (1), Sift Use RigCAT, Sift Use Rig CAT to control PTT and browse Enable VSP, Initialize-Save and Close

Etc ... for all instances with slices A-B-C-D and for Audio card, browse PortAudio and configure Capture: DAX Audio RX 1-2-3-4 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio) and Playback: DAX Audio TX (FlexRadio Systems DAX TX) save and close

On DAX, adjust Volumes of RX and TX (also set Macros in TX)

With the use of FLdigi on different frequency bands, activate Full Duplex FDX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.