Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multi Platform Tools "flexlib-go"

Options

flexlib-go (https://github.com/hb9fxq/flexlib-go) is published on Github since 2017 and has not been updated to work with version 3 of SmartSDR for quite some time now.

Since I've had a lot of requests in my inbox I've invested some time to do some updates. Furthermore there is now an adapter to publish some Radio status information to an MQTT broker. This might be useful for radio monitoring and advanced integrations.

Main purpose of the binaries published are:

• Proof Of Concept for Radio integrations using the SmartSDR TCP API
  • Pull DAX-IQ streams on OSX, Linux & RaspberryPI e.g. for RAW IQ file recording or GNU Radio integration (Requires an instance of SmartSDR Desktop running somewhere in the network).
  • *New* Pull DAX-AUDIO RX stream on OSX, Linux & RaspberryPI e.g. for DigiModes with fldigi, wsjt-x etc..
  • *New* MQTT Radio Status Monitor (ReadOnly)

The Project remains WorkInProgress. An Experiment - it is only a hobby project and I can not answer all request. NO guarantees and no batteries included.

I'll try to keep up with fixing Bugs and requests coming in via https://github.com/hb9fxq/flexlib-go/issues

Comments

• Derek MW0LNA
    Options
    Thanks Frank! I've been excited about using a Flex with GNU Radio for years and finally have access to a radio. It was installed on Saturday and I'll be trying out your go utilities ASAP.

What's the main blocker to being able to run entirely without SmartSDR running?

Have you looked at using the Waveform API to do IQ streaming for transmit?
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

@Frank, HB9FXQ

Hi Frank, this looks great! I am just getting ready to look at this functionality for a Teensy 4.1 (Arduino work-alike) with an audio board. I may just change over to a Raspberry Pi instead.

Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.