Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 No longer being seen on Windows 10 computer or on my iphone with SmartLink

Delbert McCord
Delbert McCord Member ✭✭

I am hoping someone can give me some guidance of where to start. I have a 6400 that has been connected and working just fine for quite some time. I have not changed anything and my network/internet is working fine. So I have been busy and have not turned the rig on for over 2 months. When its not on its not connected to power.

Today my friend texted me from deer camp saying he got his rig set up and we were going to rag chew a bit like we do every year he goes up there. Turned the 6400 on it booted, nice solid green light but when I started the software (SDR 2.6.1) I get "There are currently no radios available" I shut down the computer (Windows 10) and restarted and still same thing. I have reset the rig a few times no luck. I also can not connect with my iphone anymore through SmartLink and that used to work as well. (I was thinking a Windows update had killed it but that would not account for the phone not working).

I work from home and tonight I do not have time to move everything but I will do that and unplug the cat5 cable and plug it into the computer and make sure its still working. The computer and the rig are only 3 feet apart and both are within 10 feet of the switch.

Please if anyone have any ideas of what could have happened and were to start looking please let me know.

Thank You

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Start by verifying the radio still has the expected IP address and/or DHCP connectivity. You can use your router to find out what devices are attached, and what their IP addresses are. Unfortunately, having the “M” model would make life a lot simpler. In your case, your router’s status screens are your friend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.