Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't access PGXL remotely

Options
I left my QTH about 5 days ago and at that time I was able to access my PGXL remotely. After arriving at my destination I discovered that the PGXL utility does not show my amp as an available device. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gregg W6IZT

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options

If you were able see it in the PGXL utility 5 days earlier with your client connected outside of your local LAN My guess is the PGXL needs to be power cycled in order to show back up on the network.

• gregg.w6izt
    Options
    Further, I had my wife power cycle the amp. Front panel indicates that the amp is in standby.

Gregg W6IZT
  • M0GZR
    M0GZR Member ✭✭
    Options

It Will be useful to reboot the amp via LAN

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Some people are building 220 volt, double pole single throw relays controlled by Internet controllable relays to be able to disconnect power from the amp remotely.

If you do not feel safe building the device yourself then an electrician can build it for you.

Dave wo2x

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭
    Options

David,

I am finding that the Amp needs to be rebooted every few days to restore its connection the network and to the utility and SmartSDR. Why is this? I’m using DHCP. The TGXL doesn’t seem to require this and stays connected to the network.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

RF getting into network?

Try another Ethernet cable.

Dave wo2x

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use fiber ethernet near my RF emitting devices, with only a short stub of Cat 8 patch cable (six inches) from the fiber converter to the radio/amp/tuner.

No issues loosing connections.

Alan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.