Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote voice and cw keyer

Options
K1DLM
K1DLM Member ✭✭
edited November 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi guys,

i recently moved to a new QTH where my tower and flex radio is located in an outbuilding about 200 feet from my house. For connectivity, I ran a 6-strand MM fiber between the buildings in an existing 3/4 conduit which is now full. There’s no easy way to get additional cables between the two buildings due to hard scraping.

My primary operating position is in the house. I’m trying to find a way to use a voice and CW keyer with N1MM. I do currently have a Maestro, so I can use that for CW. On the voice side, i was thinking of using a Microham usb III which I already have on hand with the Maestro, but it requires a physical RS232 CAT input. This got me thinking about how to bridge the SmartSDR CAT VSP to a physical serial port on the PC. The Microham interface can provide automatic audio switching between the PC and a Mic

Has anyone else found a viable solution? I appreciate you advice and opinions

Dave

K1DLM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.