Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Back up of the internal SD card in a 6400

Options

I have heard stories of corruption of the internal memory card. Is there anything an owner should do to copy the memory card for safe keeping to allow for a fast restore if a problem should occur?

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Although I remember a thread talking about backing up of the SD Card by removing it and copying it using 'disk mode' type copying software, I don't believe this is supported, nor recommended by Flex.

Upgrading to the latest versions of SSDR prevents the possibility of corruption of the SD Card. However, should it occur, I know from other threads that Flex has been very quick to diagnose these problems and send out a replacement SD Card.

• howardsh3t
    howardsh3t Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Don

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Win32DiskImager will let you save the file on your computer and let you copy it to a blank SDCard, JUST MAKE sure you have the exact same size, quality and brand of SDCard because the ones FLEX uses is a Commercial quality SDCard and has a lot higher read/write then the stuff you buy at Walmart.

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    Options

It is my understanding that Flex implements encryption protocols in its SD cards (to protect its intellectual property), so if you aren't a great computer hacker your only option is to ask Flex, politely, for another SD card.

(I had my card replaced at the factory once and I did it myself the next two times that I needed to fix a corrupt SD Card.)

Stay safe!

Roy AC2GS

• Don_N5SKT
    Don_N5SKT Member ✭✭
    Options
    What I have done is restore the image to the same card. The card has not been bad for me, it was the image that got corrupted. But, what this does is rob Flex of data they can use in diagnosing the issue for others. I wish we could order cards from Flex to have "on hand".
  • Tilman D Thulesius
    Options

I´m just about to get a new SDCard shipped to me from Flex. This as I seem to have a corrupt situation on the existing card.

I was just thinking whether I should copy the new card information over to the old one using win32Diskimager. This so that I have a spare SDCard on hand for the future...

Would this make sense ?? / Tilman SM0JZT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.