Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX audio distorted after a few days being on.

Options
Hugh - VA3TO
Hugh - VA3TO Member ✭✭
edited November 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I have a Flex 6300 running SmartSDR v3.18 that I mostly use for remote operation so I leave it on 24-7. After a few days I have to reboot the radio because the TX audio becomes distorted just from sitting there being on. This isn't a new problem, it's been like this since I got the radio 3 years ago (even under v1 & v2 software) and I've been putting up with it but it has become annoying enough that I would now like to resolve it.

FTR the radio was sent to Flex about a year and a half ago so it has been through their tests with no faults found.

Has anyone else observed this ? Try leaving your radio on unused for a few days then attempt to use it while paying attention to the TX audio.

I know enough about software to be dangerous and this seems like a stack or other buffer overflow to me.

Is Flex aware of the problem and are they working on a fix ?

Hugh VA3TO/ NA3TO

Comments

• n6nqx
    n6nqx Member
    Options
    I have a 6400 that has very bad tx audio distortion. I have had it less than six Months. Apparently this tx distortion issue is occurring back in 2020 too and has gone unresolved escaping their test process perhaps going on three years. My 6400 is at flex now 4/2023 . It cost me $145 to ship it to them. Their early analysis is their test process; I was told, performed with two dummy loads and a reference receiver testing using 6 Meter band that it has not failed their 6 Meter band two test tones audio test. I told them I don't use 6 meters. I am experiencing tx audio distortion on 40 meters and 80 Meters which are the only bands I used so far. I don't know if they will test my radio using 40m and 80m. Their Test engineer told me he just tests at 6 meters. I hope they will check it at 40m and 80m while they have it on the bench. They should test 160m 80m 40m 15m, 20m. 12m 10m and 17m as well in my opinion. I suggested it too them. I don't want have to send it to them a second time for same tx audio distortion issue. Too costly shipping it to them. Besides hat would be a better more complete test process in my view any way. They gave me no indication would add these band tests to their test suite, but I hope convinced them it a reasonable idea to do add all bands tx audio test. If they can't reproduce the tx distortion using 6m band only it seems logical to test my radio at 40m and 80m at least since that is bands causing the distorted tx audio failure in my shack.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.