Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Node-Red on Unbuntu 20.04 (64 bit)

Mick  W8BE
Mick W8BE Member ✭✭
edited November 2020 in Third-Party Software

I am working on migrating my node red flows to unbuntu 20.04 server edition in order to take advantage of the 64 bit OS. I wanted to pass on info on what I had to do to get dot net and FRStack to load...

Here is what I had to load to get dotnet / FRStack up and running:

I downloaded the following file and ftp'd over to my Pi.

dotnet-sdk-3.1.109-linux-arm64.tar

Then follow Mark's directions:

sudo mkdir -p /opt/dotnet

sudo tar zxf dotnet-sdk-3.1.109-linux-arm64.tar.gz -C /opt/dotnet

sudo ln -s /opt/dotnet/dotnet /usr/bin

I just got it up and see the process:

/usr/bin/dotnet FRStackWebApi.dll --urls http://*:5025

I have to still enable the flows and test it out. Hoping that I am past the hard part.

Here is what I have noticed on 64 OS vs 32 bit OS. on the 32 bit OS, memory load is stingy. Using a 2Gb Pi I run about 25% of available ram. On the 64 bit it pretty much doubles the memory load. However the the cpu ticks are reduced. I never thought about that in those terms before. I guess it makes sense.

I will report back probably tomorrow to advise if the flows work as advertised.

Mick

Comments

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020

Ok so I could not wait...Had to try it out....and...it works....

As you can see cpu ticks are low but ram usage is up...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.