Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6400M purchase stolen

MERCURY
MERCURY Member, Unconfirmed
I bought a radio on eBay about a year ago. The radio's temperature sensor went bad . Since this is a warranty case, I was offered to send the radio for repair in the United States.I live in Russia. It was not easy to send the radio because of the sanctions. And after the radio is received in the US, I get the answer:
-------
Our records show this radio was purchased from a stolen credit card, thus we have not been paid for the product. Our policy, in cases like this, is to recover our property and refer you to eBay where they can help you address the stolen property purchase. You can contact eBay customer support at 1-866-961-9253 or through live chat or email from their main Help site.

Sincerely,

Dan Quigley, N7HQ
Director, Support
------

EBay will not help me and Flex ignores me. And, by the way, they knew perfectly well from the serial number that I bought a stolen radio, but they just got the radio back. Is this correct, do you think?

Comments

• Speaking as a retired attorney, the immediate answer is that when you bought the radio you could only gain title to it which is as good as the person you bought it from. If they did not own it, then you don't own it. The true owner retains title so in this case the radio still belongs to Flex. But if you bought it via e-bay then you should persist with seeking their help. Over many years I have found e-bay to be more than helpful to people who find themselves in this situation.

Good luck.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.