Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to best way to add two transverters to Flex 6400?

I have one 144MHz transverter installed in my Flex 6400 and work like a charm. Now I ordered a 222MHz one. I would like to have both working together but there is only one XVTR port. I should use a AB switch or there is better way to connect?

Thanks!

JR

Answers

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭

I do not have a direct answer to your question. Downeast Microwave use to make a interface device to allow both 2M and 70cm transverter on a single XVTR port. I am not sure if they ever made a 2M/220 version. Additionally, I am no longer sure if Downeast Microwave is doing any business at all. It seems they have passed some products over to Q5 signal and that company has a few interesting products.

If you really deeply into VHF/UHF with your Flex and you have extra $'s looking for a place to go you might consider spending alot more money for a lot more capability and buy one of their multiband transverters.

A phone call to either company might yield a solution but I suspect your fall back of a manual switch would be the least expensive and quickest solution.

Of course you could also purchase a used 6300 and run the 220 transverter on it or upgrade your 6400 to a 6600 which has two XVTR ports. I suspect you already know this but thought I would mention it anyways.

Good Luck, John K3MA

• py2jf
    py2jf Member ✭✭
    Thank for your reply John!

Actually I saw the Q5 transverters and I even considered to buy one from then. But in a second thought I dismiss this idea. I will use 99% of the time in my local repeaters (one in VHF and another in 220MHz). These Ukrainian's transverters are good enough until 5W and I just need 100mW for the locals. I´m just asking if someone have any advice for connect both transverters in a easier way than using an AB switch.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.