Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Changelogs available?

Robert KB6QXM
Robert KB6QXM Member ✭✭
edited October 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

@Flexradio

Is there a list of changelogs available for each version of SmartSDR?

For instance:

Features released per software release.

Are features only released in major releases? Are minor releases only for bug/defects fixes?

If the changelogs are available, does that list the bugs/defects fixed?

Is there a list of open bugs/defects that are still in the pipeline?

I know that it is not the policy of FlexRadio Systems to announce future feature releases, but it would nice to be know what features were released when and what bugs were fixed and what are still open.

Comments

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

Robert,

I don't think you can get a list of bugs/defects in the pipeline. Same for feature "asks."

Features are usually in the release notes.

I just finished searching the software available on flexradio.com and could not find a change log for V2.6.x. There is a V2.5.1 but its old.

V2.5.0 was released around Sept 2019 and 2.6.2 is a maintenance release in May 2020. I could not find history of V2.6.x. It may be that V2.5.1 is the latest change log.

I suspect we will not see anything other than maintenace releases for V2 in the future, so a good V3 change log would be helpful to compare to V2, at least for those still on V2.6.2. That said V3.1.12 is also around May 2020 and has release notes but no change log.

They don't seem to be keeping a public change log any longer. Or, I couldn't find it. I've used better search engines.

• Robert KB6QXM
    Robert KB6QXM Member ✭✭

Lionel, Agreed I have used better search engines.

I would like to see at a minimum a feature matrix between 2 and 3. Release notes are nice, but change logs are better.

It would be nice to at least compile a list of "known" bugs in each of the software versions. 2 and 3.

Also a list of version numbers and date of release for that specific release would be useful information.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

As far as I know/remember, there are release notes published with each version of SmartSDR. Included in the Release Notes are descriptions of what has been changed, any defects addressed and any new features added. I distinctly remember a fairly extensive description of the changes in V3 when it was first introduced. The release notes are typically included in the download of the software (or at least in the same place.) That might have prevented it from showing up in search engine results.

Flex stopped publishing lists of 'upcoming' features or changes a while ago.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Robert, I would be very surprised if any company (other than open-source folks) would release software or hardware change logs. Firstly, there would be an unmanageable amount of trivial items to **** through. Secondly, it would open the door a little to those who would reverse engineer the radios. Finally, it would be another item for Flex to manage and administer.

Len, KD0RC

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Here's a link to the software versions currently available to download. Each version has a link to the release notes when you select the version

https://www.flexradio.com/category/software/installers/?_categories_dropdown=software

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.