Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bad Noise on Flex 6600M 160 Meter CW Signal (TX and RX)

Options

My Flex 6600M has developed a noise problem on 160M which I cannot figure out on both Transmit and Receive.  Attachment  1  is a pan adapter reading that a local friend took of my CW signal using an ICOM 7610. Another local ham has noticed all kind of strange spurs on my 160 signal using his Yaesu FT5000. I do notice some RF in my shack when I am on 160 which I thought might be the culprit. However, I lowered my power to 10 watts and my local friends still see the garbage on my signal. The two local stations do not see any spurs on each others’ signals but they both see it on my Flex 6600M signal. Here is the strange thing. I also see all kind of spurs on their CW signals on my 6600M but they do not see it on each others’ signals.  Attachments 2 and 3 show the two local 160M signals as received on my 6600m. Again, these two locals do NOT see these spurs on each others’ signals but I see it on both their signals on my 6600m.

This problem just started happening recently and only occurs on 160m. My two local friends report my signal is clean on all other bands.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how it might be resolved? Could there be some kind of oscillator (or setting) that is used on both 160m transmit and receive?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Al, K0AD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.