Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R 2BSIQ Glitch

I am testing a remote Flex 6700 with 2BSIQ operation and have discovered a glitch in the audio. To mitigate audio latency, I am using a RemoteRig and a separate internet connection to transport the audio. I am sending audio from slices A and B continuously, on separate stereo channels. At the control location, I'm using a YCCC SO2R Box to manage the audio streams. All of that works fine with N1MM+.

The problem is that after transmitting on one slice, then switching to transmit on the other slice, while continuing to listen on the first slice (with FDX enabled), there is a significant audio dropout of several hundred msec on the first slice just after transmission starts on the second slice. This makes it unusable for 2BSIQ operation, as that glitch wipes out a character of the callsign being sent on the first slice. This is 100% repeatable.

Is there any solution to this ?

Thanks,
Steve, N2IC

2BSIQ: See https://www.qsl.net/ct1boh/2bsiq/

Comments

• N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭

Steve,

why do you need YCCC box?

I used RemoteRig for CW and audio as well, and all working good.

yuri

N2TTA

• Steve London
    Steve London Member ✭✭

Too much audio latency when using SmartSDR for audio.

Steve, N2IC

• N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭

I using SmartSDR together with Maestro for Flex control only, and Remoterig for transport audio including CW and SSB mic., since Remoterig has less latency. All worked fine here. Flex support Open Two Radio Switching Protocol and YCCC box not necessary. You need to play with delay adjustment and im not sure that will be possible in YCCC SO2R box.

Yuri

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.