Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fldigi on SmartSDR for Mac

Options
2»

Answers

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    Options

How do you have your CAT Settings. I similar apps. I have RumLogNG talking to port 5001 and FLDigi on port 5002. I used this setup to make a few QSOs this past weekend in the ARRL RTTY RU.

Michael, AA5SH

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

Here's the way I do it Chip, from SSDR Mac (I'll add doing it on a Mac from the radio directly in another message). (This may be somewhat duplicating the above - I didn't review it first).

Use Loopback from Rogue Amoeba. "DaxInMac2" below is the Dax channel 2 from Slice B

Dax Chan 2 goes to Loopback device "DaxInMac2" in my case (DaxInMac1 is Slice A). Tx is DaxTxMac.

Dax Chan 2 is set up for Slice B on SSDR for Mac

Cat#2 is set up for Slice B on port 5004 (5001 - 5003 are used for other slices)

Fldigi uses Hamlib for FlexRadio Cat, port 5004 on the local machine (127.0.0.1). PTT via Cat.

Sound card is the DaxInMac2 and DaxTxMac as seen in the Loopback config.

The Slice flag from Slice B SSDR Mac

Hope that helps, Chip. I'll add the direct-to-radio (I have an "M" model radio) setup in another reply. I have also set up Parallels on the Mac with SSDR Win and used it's Dax/Cat for Fldigi and other digital tools. Could as well have been another PC running SSDR being accessed by the Mac.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

Now running direct to the radio from the Mac, this time with JS8Call (Fldigi would be just the same).

Loopback uses a couple of other sound devices linked to xDax: DaxIn, DaxTx (not shown).

xDax from Mario Illgen connects my 6600M slices.

xCat (again from Mario) is connected to the 6600M. I can pick Slice A or B if set up on the 6600M (Ports 5001, 5002).

JS8Call uses HamLib,FlexRadiom local machine, Port 5001 as set up in xCat above. Rig options are set for "PTT Method: CAT".

Audio devices again are the Loopback devices redirecting the 6600M audio rx/tx.

Thats it. Both Fldigi from SSDR Mac and JS8Call from the 6600M are running simultaneousy on the Mac.

• Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    Options

Charles,

Thanks very much for sending these. The Flexradio CAT selections do not work for me. I use Rig Ctrl/Hamlib for Fldigi and the Kenwood TS2000 cat selection for RumlogNG. These selections work for me by displaying the correct SmartSDR Mac frequencies on both apps. But, I only get a brief PTT pulse and no signal is transmitted, unless I set the Mac Audio input to my loopback Tx setting. Then I am keying the radio during the digital transmission, but there is no power output. Do you change your Mac Audio settings for digital modes?

Thanks.

• Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    Options

Ted...great information. Many thanks. When I do the setup that you described first, the status of Cat Control 2 is "Waiting". It momentarily switches to 'Connected' when I initialize Hamlib. Frequency doesn't track the radio. No PTT. The Loopback stuff looks good.

I will look at the direct radio connection after I get this sorted out.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure if this is a red herring, Chip, but on your Fldigi Rig Control/Hamlib window above you do not have "Use Hamlib" checked. This should be checked, and the others (flrig/rigcat/Hw PTT/C-Media PTT) should be unchecked.

• Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for that comment, Ted. That 'use Hamlib' checkbox often goes off after 'initialization'. This has got me stumped. Right now it boils down to PTT. When I send something in Fldigi, DAX Tx streams as expected, but there is no PTT...no RF output. I am also trying to understand the difference between FlexRadio CAT, Kenwood TS 2000 CAT, and RigCtl/Hamlib.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I should have looked more closely at your screenshot, Chip. It has “HamLib NET RigCtl” in the “Rig” drop down and it should have “FlexRadio 6xxx”. Did the rig name change too when you did an “Initialize”?

• Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    Options

You are absolutely right. Excelsior. I've gone back and forth from Flex to Hamlib many times trying every possible combination. Your configuration works great and it's a big relief to get this far. PTT is working correctly and you can see the transmitted signal in the panadapter. The remaining issue is that the power outputs are very low.

Thanks for hangiing in there with me through this.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

For low power output, Chip, look at your tx audio chain, from fldigi output to Loopback audio level and Dax Tx level. Can’t think of anything else.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    Options

Any updates on this ? Trying to get the Fldigi hamlib option to work with 6600 but no rig control .

Andy K3UK