Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is it possible to upgrade a flex-6400 to a flex-6600?

And is it cost effective?

Answers

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

I don't know if the physical hardware can be upgraded. If it can, I would think it would cost at least the difference in price to do so. One might also wonder if the reliability would be as good as one built from scratch. Flex accepts trade-ins for upgrades and you might be pleasently surprised at what they offer you for your 6400. At least worth an email to check I'd think. You'd also receive the current s/w license level and a new factory warranty. Something to consider anyway ..

Good luck and 73!

Russ KR6W

• Mack W4AX
    Mack W4AX Company Adviser ✭✭✭

Contact sales and they will do a trade with you.

mack

W4AX

• Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭

Is it worth the upgrade ? It depends on how you like to operate. Each works well as I have both models.

If you like diversity receive, two independant SCU's (receivers) SO2R operation, 4 slices, antenna tuner standard, faster processing with direct sampling (almost twice as fast) and other features then then the upgrade is worth it.

If upgrading

Check out trade value vs selling outright.

Have fun deciding.

Bob KC9RF

• Jeff AA0ST
    Jeff AA0ST Member ✭✭
    YES. It is possible, I did it.
    Trade in the 6400 and buy the 6600.

The question that I con not answer is if it cost effective. For me it was. Flex gave me a great deal on trade in of the 6400 and the 6600 is everything I wanted. I can use a 2m or 70 cm transverter on one SCU and HF on the other SCU at the same time, or both transverters at the same time.

It was a worthwhile upgrade for me. You will have to work out the economics based upon your needs (and wants).

Jeff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.