Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which antenna selections should I select when using a 2M/440 transverter with 6400M?

Options
I just purchased a 144mhz + 432mhz to 28mhz Highly Stable Transverter HD for FLEX RADIO VHF UHF 12W made by UR3LMZ. It is the Pre-Built and tested model. I have it working on receive but am a bit uncomfortable when it comes to transmitting at this time. I have the antenna selections in SSDR configured for RXA and XVTA. RF input to the transverter is set at 0 dBM. I would like confirmation from transverter users that the antenna selections are correct so that I don't damage the transverter or the Flex 6400M.

Answers

• joestat
    joestat Member
    Options
    I have a similar question. I am also using a UR3LMZ 144 to 28 Mhz transverter with a split IF. I bench tested the transceiver and it is spot on. But I cannot get it to work with a MAESTRO based Flex 6400. The UR3LMZ device wants to work into a split IF. How do I set up the Maestro/6400 for a split IF. The only port active on the 6400 is the XVTR port. The RX IN port is dead. How do I make the RX IN port receive active.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2020
    Options

How do I set up the Maestro/6400 for a split IF. 

Set the RX antenna on the slice to RXA on a 6400. Or either RXA or RXB on a 6600.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Today I received my UR3LMZ 432/28 Transverter for use with my 6700. I have it working on receive and it is really doing well. Antenna port is selected per slice, when using split IF. I have had the 6700 up on 2 meters for a few weeks, using an LDPA to drive a VHF/UHF auto switching amplifier. I will now be integrating the Transverter into the mix, and is a little more complicated, in that drive levels have to be matched so as not to over drive each following stage. Also integrating in switching to allow me to select which band is used for transmit or receive or TX/RX single band operation. I plan to do some satellite work as well as local repeaters. I have not tested the UHF side of all this, and I hope it works as it does on RX, right now. With the 6700, it is wonderful to be able monitor up to 8 repeater or satellite frequencies at the same time! Having lots of fun with this. But even though I have been doing this stuff for more years then I care to admit. I am still capable of making **** head mistakes. I burned up to LDPA modules because I refused to listen to that little voice in my head, that said, use a reversed diode on the relay to keep the coil from killing your electronics. Well all is now happy, not withstanding my **** head move. When I get further along, I’ll post pictures on QRZ.com.

Upper Panadaptor is the UHF Transverter repeater signal bottom one is is a linked VHF repeater.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Today I received my UR3LMZ 432/28 Transverter for use with my 6700. I have it working on receive and it is really doing well. Antenna port is selected per slice, when using split IF. I have had the 6700 up on 2 meters for a few weeks, using an LDPA to drive a VHF/UHF auto switching amplifier. I will now be integrating the Transverter into the mix, and is a little more complicated, in that drive levels have to be matched so as not to over drive each following stage. Also integrating in switching to allow me to select which band is used for transmit or receive or TX/RX single band operation. I plan to do some satellite work as well as local repeaters. I have not tested the UHF side of all this, and I hope it works as it does on RX, right now. With the 6700, it is wonderful to be able monitor up to 8 repeater or satellite frequencies at the same time! Having lots of fun with this. But even though I have been doing this stuff for more years then I care to admit. I am still capable of making **** head mistakes. I burned up to LDPA modules because I refused to listen to that little voice in my head, that said, use a reversed diode on the relay to keep the coil from killing your electronics. Well all is now happy, not withstanding my **** head move. When I get further along, I’ll post pictures on QRZ.com.

Upper Panadaptor is the UHF Transverter repeater signal bottom one is is a linked VHF repeater.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.