Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink network setting automatic port forward

Options
Friends,
I have a 6400M V2 and the latest SSDR version. Since yesterday evening I am trying to set the smartlink configuration.
SmartSDR says the radio is registered and configured for Smartlink.

I read in one of Tim's publications :
" In the rare circumstances where the Internet router does not support uPNP, you will have to manually set up port forwarding on your router. Unfortunately setting up port forwarding is not a service that is provided by FlexRadio support, so the following resources are provided to assist you if it is needed."

OK, but quid in case of a uPNP that should be automatically recognized by Flexradio 6000 who has been programmed fort this purpose..... My router is a recent Huwaei B525s-23a and is uPNP (and this option is enabled in the modem configuration). The network settings (automatic) shows me a red light when testing. Hovering around the red light tells me " Radio can not be accessed using Smartlink."
I am not software engineer, and I really don't know how to enter in the router options and how to assign 4994 TCP and 4993 UDP port (there are so many options).
I made screenshots but it seems not possible to add them to this message.

Any help from would be welcome ...

Anyway I am an happy user of this piece of technology.
73's de Serge ON9COP

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Serge, are you just trying to connect to the radio from the same location (same LAN) as the computer, or are you connecting via the Internet? I ask because SmartLink is only designed for use across the WAN. If the computer and radio are together, just connect without SmartLink.

Len, KD0RC

• Serge Baye
    Serge Baye Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Len,

thank you for your feedback.

I have a modem/router Huwaei B525s-23a (uPNP). It is a wireless with multiple LAN ports.

A RJ 45 cable is connected from LAN1 of the router to the Ethernet port of the Flex 6400M.

SmartSDR is on my PC Windows 10. MyPC is wireless connected to the same Huwaei modem/router

When I launch SmartSDR (from Windows 10) I can use the TX and control everything from the PC and Panadapter. So far so fine.

So yes indeed the radio (Ethernet connection) and the computer are connected to the same modem/router.

This installation is described here : : https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118558-How-to-Connect-your-FLEX-6000-to-a-LAN#:~:text=Simply%20plugging%20in%20the%20FLEX,It%20really%20is%20that%20simple!

My 6400M has a touch screen. On the bottom left corner a message "Connected to Ethernet" is displayed.

But if I touch the SmartLink setup button , this message is displayed : "The radio does not have an Internet connection. An Internet connection is required to configure SmartLink". It is weird since the RJ45 is linking the Flex to the modem/router. It says Connected to Ethernet, and after it says that an Internet connection is required. I don't understand.

I purchased the SmartSDR for IOS App. But so far it is not possible to control remotely the Flex6400M because SmartLink is not properly configured. That is one of the reasons why I purchased a Flex.

73' s from very windy Belgium

Serge ON9COP
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

OK Serge, I see. Do you have internet connectivity from your computer? If so, I think you need to set up SmartLink there. Then there will be enough information for the SmartLink server to do the registration and make the connection. Then when you are away from the radio location with the Maestro, you will be able to connect. If that does not work, then things like port forwarding will need to be considered,

Len, KD0RC

• Mauro HB9FBG
    Options

I'm not an expert but a similar problem happened to me ... it was the antivirus (AVG) blocking the ports. Just a hypothesis to be evaluated.

Good luck.

73, Mauro HB9FBG

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had a similar problem when setting up a desktop to replace the laptop. For me it was the windows firewall that had to be told to allow the flex to connect to SmartSDR to connect. My firewall was under network in the control panel.

Dont give up, the flex and the iOS app will do what you want to do. To be clear, if your radio and your iPad or whatever other device are both in your house, don’t use Smartlink. It may help to simplify the situation by unplugging the internet cable from the router so only your local devices are on the network.

My iPad connects through the wireless access port of the router to my flex’s and it works well. I also have a power wiring adapter between the router and the flex to add complication but it all works.

if you want to connect to the flex over the internet, like from a hotel or coffee shop, then smartlink is needed.

• Serge Baye
    Serge Baye Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you John,
    it was indeed a Windows firewall issue.
    SmartLink and SmartSDR for IOS are now working fine.

73's de Serge ON9COP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.