Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 dead as a door nail

I am a new-to-me owner of a 6300. I have upgraded it to 3.1.12 and have been listening and learning for two days. Tonight I decided to transmit. I slid the power slider to 100% and the tune was at about 10%. My LP-100A only showed 6 watts going out. I have a 40m Delta loop connected and tuned for 1.63 SWR.

I slid the tune slider up all the way, keyed the mic and the Flex went dead - clicked and all power lost. No green light at the power button.

There is power at the connector. I have tried holding down the power button to reset but it is totally dead. Any suggestions how to bring this back to life? Should check the fuse inside? Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance.

73 VE3RWY

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭

Welcome to the Flex Community!

Sounds like you have a serious RF in the shack issue. Before going too far, check your grounding and shielding, and ensure your rig is not too close to your antenna system.

Just to confirm, your power supply puts out 12-14 VDC, can supply enough current, and is properly polarized?

Try a full reset. Disconnect power for 5-10 minutes, and once you plug it back in, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds. With luck, you will get a response from the rig and be able to boot up. Then start SmartSDR and reload your saved configuration. If you haven’t saved one, just set up as if the rig was new.

If the rig won’t start, or if you get a flashing red light, it’s time for a service ticket. The support team is prompt and smart.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.