Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why is MOX Button Grayed-out On Second Computer?

I just bought a second laptop and installed SmartSDR version 3.1.12 for my 6700, just like on my original computer. To my surprise, the MOX button is grayed out for my 2m,70cm bands on my second computer, BUT is functional on the 1.25m band. On my original computer, the MOX button is visible for all the bands. When I place the cursor over the grayed-out MOX button on my second laptop, a balloon pops up saying “TX Inhibit: The Transmit Frequency is out-of-band”.

I am not trying to run both computers at the same time.

Why do I get this warning and a grayed-out MOX button on the installation of SmartSDR on the second computer, but not the first computer? What do I need to change on the second computer to be able to use MOX? I originally set up the radio, including the Transverters, on the first computer.

Thank you for your assistance!

Jeremy
W2JG

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

The error flag is the answer: Your transmit-enabled slice frequency is not within a legal amateur band. Change the frequency of the slice to be within a legal band, and it will work.

73, Craig, K0CF

• Jeremy_W2JG
    Jeremy_W2JG Member ✭✭

Hi Craig!

Thank you for your response, but that is not the answer, the frequencies selected are within the legal band limits. In fact as I mentioned, everything works fine on the first computer. This is only giving me a problem on the second computer, same frequency, an everything else is the same.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled and get the same problem on the second computer.

Appreciate your assistance!

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

I think Craig may be correct. Check the IF frequency, not the transverted frequency. Also check the TX antenna port too.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Tim

Are you sure the XVTR port IF frequency is applicable to out of band TX restrictions? See below from the Hardware manual. Compare the XVTR specification to the other TX antenna specifications.

Or.....I am I reading the specifications wrong?

Alan. WA9WUD

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2020

You could be interpreting the spec incorrectly depending on how you have the slice and the transverter configured.

• Jeremy_W2JG
    Jeremy_W2JG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020

Tim,

I have Good News and Bad News for you. I have SOLVED my problem, BUT as unlikely as you think it is, there is a BUG in v3.1.12. I first tried your suggestions, but that was not it. I kept going back to my first computer where it worked, while it did not work with the second computer. The only difference was in what software I had loaded on each computer. Just to make sure it was not an installation issue, I tried uninstalling v3.1.12 a couple times and erased the directories left over in both program files and user app data and reinstalled v3.1.1.12 and that did not work. I then repeated erasing v3.1.12 and loaded v3.1.8 which I once had on my other computer. I had to downgrade the firmware once more, but I tried v3.1.8 and THAT WORKED! I then upgraded to v3.1.12 and upgraded the firmware once again. Like the other computer, THAT ALL WORKS NOW! There must be some file that v3.1.8 installs, but was left out in v3.1.12. Since I now installed v3.1.8 BEFORE installing v3.1.12, EVERYTHING WORKS! Just as a reminder, whatever was left off impacts both 2m and 70cm, but 1.25m worked.

I am all set now, my second computer works, but I think someone needs to look into what was left out of v3.1.12

I thank everyone who tried to assist me, I appreciate it!

Thanks!

Jeremy

W2JG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.